Join the Rowing Revolution: Become a Certified Instructor!
Rowing Enthusiasts: Target Your Technique!
I learned more in one day than I have in my previous five years on the erg.
Jim Corkal, Yellowknife, Canada
- Indoor Rowing Basic Course
- Programming Intensive
- Who Should Take These Courses
- Course Fees
- Upcoming Training Dates
The indoor rowing revolution has arrived! If you’re into teaching indoor rowing, or you want to improve your own erg times for workouts or competition, you owe it to yourself to register now for one of UCanRow2’s indoor rowing courses.
Indoor Rowing Basic Course
This one-day course will get you set to teach group classes and personal training sessions on the world’s leading indoor rower, the Concept 2. Successfully complete the optional home study course and add Approved UCanRow2/Concept2 Indoor Rowing Instructor to your resume. Are you ACE certified? You can earn up to 0.9 CECs in this course.
Home users and fitness enthusiasts, you can take advantage of the course’s individual coaching on technique and get ideas to vary your workouts to meet your specific fitness goals.
Elements covered in the Indoor Rowing Basic Course workshop include:
- The fundamentals of rowing workouts for group classes and individual rowing sessions – with opportunities to try them yourself!
- Proper technique and drills for optimal rowing performance – and how to spot and correct common errors
- Using the rowing machine to reach peak performance faster
- How on-water rowers and coaches can adapt their experience to the diverse indoor rowing population
- Maintenance of the Concept2 indoor rowing machine and how to make it last a lifetime
Ready to sign up? Register now!
Once you’ve completed the Basic Course join us for the 6-hour Programming Intensive, which gives instructors and personal trainers a more in-depth look at the elements of building classes and workouts that are safe, fun, efficient and effective.
The Programming Intensive covers:
- Program design and implementation: How tos and considerations
- Creating killer workouts and WODs using the Concept2 rower alone and in combination with the SkiErg and other equipment such as kettlebells
- Teaching tips for diverse populations of exercisers. Assisting the discovery of the athlete within
- Sustainability and marketing: Keeping the workouts fresh and your classes full
- Additional hands-on workouts that you can also take straight back to your facility!
Contact us to find a Programming Intensive near you or request one for your group or facility.
“Awesome course at an awesome price. It’s a no-brainer for anyone who is serious about teaching the proper technique for rowing – as well as spreading the love for indoor rowing!”
Jeff Prejean – CFA Rowing, Alexandria, LA
- Group exercise instructors
- Personal trainers
- Functional fitness coaches and enthusiasts (Kettlebell, CrossFit, boot camp, etc.)
- Fitness enthusiasts
- Home users
- On-water rowing coaches with indoor rowing programs
- K-12 teachers
- Fitness directors
- Medical fitness trainers
- Adaptive sports trainers
“Great fundamentals course for indoor rowing. Very hands-on instruction by the experts. UCanRow2 is a supportive and great resource for anyone looking to expand their personal or professional knowledge of indoor rowing. Good for all levels of experience, too.”
Programming Intensive: $195
Note: The Indoor Rowing Basic Course is a prerequisite for the Programming Intensive.
Take your rowing to the next level! Sign up now
The Indoor Rowing Basic Course, which was developed with Concept2 and ACE (American Council on Exercise), can be taken to earn up to .9 ACE continuing education credits and is offered at locations around the US and Canada. For more information on upcoming trainings and their locations visit the certification calendar.