meet our master instructors
A Concept2/UCanRow2 rowing master instructor is a true pied piper for the sport of indoor rowing. Our master instructors have years of experience teaching, most often with a strong on-water background as well.
They are former rowing Olympians, national teamers and coaches, as well as being certified fitness professionals. They eat, breathe, and live the sport of indoor rowing and are excited about sharing it with others.
Read on and you'll find a bio for each one of them, as well as a favorite rowing workout.
Are you ready to get certified by one of these awesome instructors?
Nyack, New York
- Certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NSAM) in personal training, integrated balance training and fitness for seniors.
- Group exercise instructor by the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA).
- UCanRow2 / Concept2 Master Instructor.
“Indoor rowing lends itself to people at all stages of life, all ages, sizes, and fitness levels. I love teaching all the variables that the rowing machine has to offer.”
Kelowna, British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Junior Development Team.
- All-American and Big Ten Athlete of the Year, University of Michigan
- Member of Team Canada, 5yrs
- Competitor at the World Cup and World Championship regattas.
- 2008 Canadian Olympic women’s 8+team member
3 minutes on, 1 minute rest, 8-10 sets.
- Indoor Rowing Instructor since 1997
- Concept2 Master Instructor
- ACE personal trainer
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor
- Coached several scholastic, collegiate, masters, and Junior National teams.
- Former Rowing Coach at U.C. Davis
- Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise
- Coached for University of Maryland, PBC Masters, and Bethesda Chevy-Chase junior crews
Damper, Time, SPM | 10, 6 mins, 18 | 8.5, 5 mins, 20 | 7, 4 mins, 22 | 5, 3 mins, 24 | 3, 2 mins, 26 | 1, 1 min, 28
Katie Rosso Recker
- Current competitor for Minneapolis Rowing Club in the Masters
- Cancer-specific certification through the American College of Sports Medicine
Using the Erg Rower to race to 10 kilometers
20 rounds of 45 seconds on, 15-second paddle,