2-1-5 Go Row!
Warm up, then do two rounds (more as needed to meet your meter target) of the following:
- 20 push-ups (or TRX Training chest presses)
- 20 kettlebell swings
- 10 push-ups, 10 KB swings
- 10 sit-ups
- 10 TRX mountain climbers or bicycle crunches
- 5 pull-ups
- 5 burpees
Then row the following intervals, with 3 minutes of paddle (easy rowing) in between
6 x 1k alternating Row/Ski, with 1 minute to switch machines. On both machines go at a steady-state, challenging pace.
No SkiErg? Sub in run or bike for the time it takes you to row 1K.
Endurance Recovery Workout
Spin/bike or run: 30-60 min, talking pace
Circuit of 10 rounds of 5 reps, for time: push-ups, pullups, one arm dumbbell snatch, air squats, situps (scale/adjust these exercises to your fitness level and ability)
SkiErg/Row – 10 min cooldown
Endurance Rowing Workout
- Row 1000m
- 10 cleans
- 10 push-ups
- 10 single-arm KB thrusters (L/R=2)
- 1 min. plank
Warm up then do:
- 0m -1000m Find your working pace (split), where you can talk but you’d rather not
- 1k – 2k Rolling 100s: Alternate rowing hard for 100 meters, then paddling for 100 meters
- 2k – 3k Working pace (that you found in the first 1000m) for 500 meters, then row hard for 500 meters
- 3k – 4k Easy row for the first 200 meters, rolling 100s for the next 800 meters, row hard for the last 200 meters
- 4k – 5k Repeat the sequence above, sprinting the last 200 meters
Cool down 3-5 minutes at least before getting off the rower.
Firecracker Fourth Workout
Warm up for 10 min – stretch
Set erg or SkiErg monitor for 7418m
Set monitor after warm up for Intervals:Distance, 500m row/ski with unlimited rest
- 7 burpees
- 4 pull ups
- 18 pushups
4-7 rounds for time
Here’s 2 You Version 2
- 22 Pushups
- 22 Lunges Or Trx Sprinter’s Start Knee-up (Left And Right Count As Two)
- 22 Jumping Pull-ups Or Trx Muscle-ups
- 22 Sit-ups
Repeat Exercises In Reverse
Repeat Exercises In Order
(From Certified Instructor Jeff Prejean of CrossFit Southbank)
Row 6 rounds of 1000m, resting (paddling) the same amount of time it took you to row each 1000m interval.
Aim to drop your split every round.
Monster Meter Workout
- Row 3-5000 meters, get off the machine
- 10 pushups
- 25 sit-ups
- 30-second plank
Downward facing dog to stretch your low back and any other favorite stretches for 5 minutes.
Rotate as you wish and always end with stretching.
Monster Meter Workout #2
(A boredom buster that lets you grab meters on both the Concept2 rowing machine and the SkiErg)
Warm up with a 5k row, then 5 rounds of:
- 5-minute row (Set your monitor for a 5-minute time intervals workout with unlimited rest)
- 25 sit-ups
- 5-10 push-ups
- 500 meter ski
Monster Meter Workout #3
(Pyramids to keep it interesting)
Set up a “new workout” on your rowing machine to Intervals> Distance: Variable.
Set up intervals of 5,000, 4,000, 3,000, 2,000 and 1,000 meters, with “unlimited rest” between each.
Between each interval:
- Ski 500 meters
- Optional: 25 situps and 10 pushups
Adjust the number of intervals and the distance of each to meet your meter target.
Monster Meter Workout #4
Warm up, then row or ski 1-3 rounds of 3500m w/5 min rest. Set your monitor for Intervals>Distance and GO!
If you’re rowing keep it at 24-26 strokes per minute on the work, 20-22 on the rest, and on either machine you want to be in a cardio zone (you can talk but you don’t want to).
Don’t forget to log your meters!
Monster Meter Workout #5
Set your rower monitor for Intervals>Variable with the following intervals of work and rest:
- 5000m /3 min rest
- 4000m/3 min rest
- 3000m/ 2min rest
- 2000m/3min rest
- 1000m/5 min cooldown!
Row at a sustainable, challenging pace so that you earn your rest paddle in between. Optional: get off and stretch in between rounds or do sets of pushups and situps.
Monster Meter Workout #6
5k warm-up row, then do three rounds of:
- SkiErg 250m (or do 5 pullups if you don’t have a SkiErg)
- 25 lunges (left and right legs count as 1)
- 100 single jumps with a jump rope
- 5k cooldown row
Record your meters, including those you skied.
Monster Meter Workout #7
Cool down and done!
Monster Meter Workout #8
Start with a 60-minute steady-state row at a challenging pace, alternating between 22 and 24 strokes per minute.
When done do 100 pushups, situps, squats in any combination you like, just be sure to finish them all.
Monster Meter Workout #9
Row 10k, then:
Ski (optimal), row or run:
In between do:
- 25 sit-ups
- 10 squats
- 15 push press
10-min warmup then 1000 meters of work with 500m rest for at least 6 rounds (Always scale to your ability!).
The 1000m pieces alternate 100m at 85% effort (you can talk but you’d rather not) at 26 strokes per minute with 100m moderate effort at 22-24 spm. The 500m of rest are at a paddle pace, 22-24 spm.
Finish with floor work of your choice (push-ups, planks/abs, etc.).
Warm up 5 minutes
Set monitor to Intervals>Variable and do 6 – 10 rounds of:
- 1000m row, alternating easy to hard every 100 meters, rowing 22 spm on the easy and 26 spm on the hard
- 1 minute rest
Easy paddle cooldown, 5 minutes minimum
Watts In A Name?
Warm up 10-15 mins, include stretching
Set Monitor for intervals – time and set for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 min with 1 min rest
Have monitor on watts screen.
Row at 60-100 percent of your body weight in pounds, depending on your fitness level. 26 strokes per minute on the work intervals, except 26-28 spm for the 1- and 2-minute pieces.
Cool down and stretch
Workout time total: 45-50 mins depending on cooldown length.